NEED TO KNOW
- Check-in time is 2:00pm
If you wish to check-in prior to 2:00pm please phone 48 hours in advance
- Check-out time is 10:00am – Mon – Sat
- Check-out time is 11:00am – Sunday
Late Check-out? Yes we know sometimes it’s hard to leave…
If you wish to check-out later than the standard check-out time please make your request to Island Quarters at least 12 hours prior to your scheduled check-out time, approval for late check-out is at our discretion.
If you fail to check-out by 10:00am the following additional charges may be applied to your account and will be payable by you on check-out:
- a surcharge of $20.00 per hour for every hour after 10:00am that you fail to check-out; or if you check-out after 2pm a charge equivalent to the full daily rate which applies to your booking.
If your booking does not include room servicing (e.g. a two night stay) a ‘Refresh’ service is available for separate purchase. Ask about our ‘Refresh’ service when you check-in.
All interiors of the Island Quarters apartments are NON-SMOKING. A fee of up to $250 applies if smoking inside the apartments has occurred. To cover costs associated with removing cigarette smoke from soft furnishings, carpets, bedding etc. Ashtrays are provided in the front courtyards.
We request Island Quarters be left in a clean and tidy manner removing all rubbish, bottles, food and personal items. Any additional fees will be charged to guests’ Credit Card facilities upon their departure to cover the cost of additional/excess cleaning, damages, repairs, replacement of goods, late departures or any other breaches of these terms and conditions. This includes leaving unwashed dishes & smoking inside.
Mobile service on the Island is provided by Telstra, compatible sim cards can be purchased at Bowmans Store.
Our Fujitsu ceiling cassette in the open plan Lounge/Kitchen and dining space will keep you cool on our warmest Summer days and toasty on those fresh winter nights.
Children under two stay free, a porta cot can be provided at no charge.
Children and persons aged over 2 years will be charged Extra Person rates of $35 each person where extra beds or linen are required.
The sofa can be made up into a double bed or a single rollaway bed can be arranged by request which the main bedroom is spacious enough to accommodate.
All amendments are subject to the availability and applicable pricing at the time the amendment is requested. Please phone reservations on (03) 6359 2168 up to 48 hours prior to your scheduled check-in time to request an amendment.
If you cancel your booking
- up to 14 days prior to your scheduled check-in time: a $25 cancellation fee will be payable.
- within 14 days but up to 24 hours of your scheduled check-in time: a $50 cancellation fee shall apply
- within 24 hours of your scheduled check-in time: a 100% cancellation fee will apply
If you do not show up for your booking or terminate your booking early after you have checked in you will be charged a 100% cancellation fee.
Check out Sharp Airlines depart Launceston Airport daily and Essendon Airport a minimum of three times per week, extra flights are added from Christmas thru to Anzac Day.
Already exploring Tassie’ s East Coast and looking head over to Flinders for a short break? contact Flinders Island Aviation they depart Bridport daily with flexible flight times.
If arriving at Flinders Island Airport (Whitemark) please stop by at the Flinders Island Car Rentals check in desk to be provided with a map and directions to the property in person.
Leaving the Airport turn right at the exit, drive 2 kms then turn right at the T junction and drive 3 kms into Whitemark.
Island Quarters is just past the Post Office on the right opposite the Library, Rose Garden and Flinders Island Arts and Entertainment Centre.
Visit Freckles Cafe, the Bakery and A Taste of Flinders for your caffeine fix and a bite to eat open weekdays until 5 ish, the Cafe and Bakery alternate opening Saturday mornings. Or pick up a BBQ pack or Flinders Island Fresh Hamper and dine al fresco at the free gas BBQ’s on the foreshore. For lunch or an evening meal book into the Interstate Hotel Whitemark (6359 2114) meals available Monday to Saturday.
Groceries can be pre ordered from Walkers Supermarket (03) 6259 2010
Flinders Islanders love a chat especially with someone new, say G’day and you’ll soon find out all the local goss from whats’ on, when the boats in, who’s catching fish and where, what the weather is doing. Even just buying a few groceries, or calling to the Interstate Hotel for a meal you can meet a local who’ll be willing to share their stories. Happy Hour on Wednesdays nights at the Furneaux Tavern in Lady Barron is worth a visit to enjoy the locals in their element and for your chance to win the Meat Raffle.
Wander over to the Jetty and throw in a line, bait is available at the Pub.
A 5 minute walk takes you to the Flinders Island RSL and Sports Club where you can tee off on the 9 hole links course, call ahead on (03) 6259 2070 if you would like to borrow a set of clubs.
Walk the beach or Bluff track, check out the Exercite equipment on the foreshore or join a yoga, boxing or strength class at the Furneaux Arts and Entertainment Centre opposite Island Quarters.
Try a sunset Quad Tour with a local down Whitemark Beach or take the kids to beach (nicer at half to full tide) and go for a swim, build sandcastles and fossick for shells.
Call in a Bowmans Store to browse the History Room and if you’re lucky meet an orphaned wombat.
Talk the “Walk in Whitemark” and visit all the landmarks of years past.
- FLIGHTS – Organize flights to Flinders Island early. If your bringing bike by air, freight it over a couple of days before your arrival if possible.
- A BED – Book your accommodation consider the characteristics you desire like sea views, close to shops and restaurants, internet access, short distance from beaches, cooking facilities or seclusion.
- TRANSPORT – Book a hire car or mini bus in advance from Flinders Island Car Rentals or the Flinders Island Cabin Park. Organise an Airport Shuttle if you do not require a rental car.
- MAP – Download a map of Flinders Island (I have latest map to link to if you need)
- FUN – Schedule activities like guided walks, 4WD tour, fishing or diving charter, Quad Bike Tour, scenic flight, Killiecrankie diamond fossicking or hunting tours.
- WHAT’S OPEN – Check the local business opening hours, by downloading the Flinders Island opening hours brochure to see what’s open on the day you arrive.
- FOOD – If you would like to pre-order any food you can contact the following local businesses:
Walkers Supermarket (6359 2010) open until 5.30pm weekdays, 9 til 12.00pm on Saturday and closed Sunday
Flinders Island Meat (6359 2005) or for prepared meals contact A Taste of Flinders (0474 889 236)
We are happy to collect your order and place it in your apartment ready for when you arrive.
- PHONE – Check your Mobile Phone is going to be compatible with the Telstra 3G network on Flinders Island, arrange a Telstra sim in advance if your require service. or pick up one at Bowmans Store in Whitemark when you arrive.
OTHER STUFF – Check out the visitflindersisland website or facebook pages like Flinders Island Community Notice Board or Fl Is Beg Buy Borrow swap and sell if you would like to
- Meet a local, swap a few stories
- Try the local flavours, taste Wallaby, lamb shanks, flake, coffee, garlic, hot sauce the list goes on…
- Go barefoot, walk in the sand, take a dip in the ocean, at any one of our 120 beaches
- Watch the sunset on the water – Castle Rock is a great spot for this
- Drink a local drop from Unavale Vineyard or Straitwater
- Get up close to some of our wildlife, wallabies, wombats, Cape Barren Geese, echidnas, short tailed shearwaters just to name a few
- Climb a mountain, Pillingers Peak, Mt Killiecrankie or Mt Strzelecki
- WAVE at every passing motorist and relax you’re on Island time now
“On Flinders Island our lives revolve around nature, flowing with the tides, weather and seasons being flexible and having a plan B is part of our way of life. Approaching the Island with this in mind will lead to many unexpected experiences and enjoyment.”
Pick up your hire car from Flinders Island Airport, or grab a shuttle into Whitemark. Be supplied with map of Flinders Island and some handy local tourist information and your soon on your way to your accommodation, business commitment or a beach, fishing spot or walking trail.
Planning your Flinders Island visit starts with our local website. Flying or boating to Flinders Island? Need a map? Looking for activities and events on Island? Find places to eat and places to enjoy. You’ll find all the answers and more information online at visitflindersisland.com.au
Organise a breakfast hamper, from Taste of Flinders ready for your arrival. Walkers Supermarket, Freckles cafe and the Bakery are right in walking distance in the middle of town. Boat Day is Tuesday – When all the provisions for the week arrive. Enjoy a pub meal at the Interstate Hotel or Furneaux Tavern.
Challenge yourself and your senses with one of our three Great Short Walks of TASMANIA. From climbing Mt Strzelecki or walking Trousers Point in the National Park to strolling the beaches of Emita to find your way to Castle Rock. Walks to suit all abilities -there’s one just for you.